Saturday, August 20, 2016

Discrete Math: An Inquiry Based Approach for High School textbook available for trial

This summer I decided to organize my discrete math problems and notes into a textbook. The first two units, which cover combinatorics and graph theory, of Discrete Math: An Inquiry Based Approach for High School is now available for viewing or download in pdf form. All I ask, if you elect to use the textbook, is to provide feedback. Just email me updates on how the problem sets are working for you and your students. Please keep in mind this is the first draft and will be subject to updates and revisions.

Also, I have developed an accompanying book containing extensive teaching notes, a slide set for each section of the textbook, assessments, and answer keys for the textbook problems and the assessments. I will release these for use to a very limited number of teachers. In return, I need feedback on the accuracy and usefulness of the materials being provided. Email me your request, along with the number of sections of discrete math you are teaching and how many students total you have in your classes.

I am excited that I have a co-worker teaching discrete math along with me this year. We have three sections; I am teaching two of the sections and my co-worker is teaching the third section.

I hope your school year is off (or gets off) to a great start. I will be posting updates throughout the year on how things are progressing and if there are any major changes from posts I have previously made regarding the discrete math course.

All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment